Feel free to substitute homemade french fries for the frozen french fries!
Suggested Wine Pairing: Phantom Red Blend
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
Ready in: 52 minutes
Ingredients:For steak and sauces:
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
2 tsp. minced fresh chives
2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
1 T. minced fresh parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Vegetable oil, for brushing grates
2 (10 oz. each) New York strip steaks
For fries and assembly:
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 (28 oz.) bag frozen shoestring French fries
1 (20 oz.) bag frozen sweet potato fries
1 (22 oz.) bag frozen curly fries
Steak sauce, for serving
Assorted crudites, such as baby carrots, blanched green beans and blanched asparagus
1. For steaks and sauce: In a small serving bowl, mix butter, chives, thyme and parsley together until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for serving.
2. In a small serving bowl, combine sour cream, blue cheese and Worcestershire. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for serving.
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil. Pat steaks dry with a paper towel. Grill steak for 4-5 minutes per side, until a meat thermometer reads 145°F for medium, or to desired doneness. Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
4. For fries and assembly: Heat medium Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot over medium-high heat, and fill halfway with oil. Heat oil to 350°F. Working in batches, fry fries until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and let drain.
5. Place butter mixture, blue cheese mixture, sliced steak, fries, steak sauce, fries and assorted crudites decoratively on a large serving board. Serve and enjoy.